Art is... Unexpected - Take Two
Time & Location
About the Event
Early Bird Ticket price of $166 From the 1st Mayl tickets are $210
Learn how easy it is to make unstructured garments with just an overlocker.
In this workshop you will learn how easy it is to make fashionable garments for your layering wardrobe with easy, no fuss patterns. There will be a collection of pants, tops and layering dresses - you will complete a minimum of 6 garments in 2 days and take home the patterns as well.
Teresa Dair biography Instagram Link @teresa.dair
Teresa Dair is a knitwear, dress designer and Textile Artist but not as one would expect! She incorporates non-traditional materials and techniques that challenge the perception of what is a wearable piece. She never works from a normal pattern, instead choosing to be motivated by the anticipation of what might result from mixing materials and building them with knitting or sewing process. It is the simplicity that is the very essence of her work. She uses design fundamentals such as line, balance and shape to create interesting and unique pieces of wearable art. Teresa teaches at fibre forums and exhibits around Australia. She has also published two books, “I Knitted My Way” and “A Spring Summer Collection
Student Requirement List
· Overlocker (working) and appropriate supplies, including power board and extension cord.
· Fabric scissors and general sewing kit.
· Fabrics can be cotton, wools or other. A minimum of 2 metres per garment, you should expect to make at least 4+ garments in 2 days.
· Some Materials will be available from Tutor to purchase.
· Please note 10 meters of pattern paper will be given to everyone taking the class.
6 hours 30 minutesDay 1
6 hoursDay 2
- Early bird Teresa Dair$166$1660$0
- Teresa Dair$210$2100$0