Art is... Unexpected - Take Two
Sat, 03 Jul | Horsham Showgrounds
Join us for a Winter's evening of live music, dance and ceremony around a blazing bonfire.
Registration is Closed
Time & Location
03 Jul, 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm
Horsham Showgrounds, McBryde St, Horsham VIC 3400, Australia
About the Event
- Community Singing with James Rigby 3pm
- Dance workshops. 4pm
- Dance challenges.
- Live music from Trapezoid.
- Live music from Danny Walsh Banned. Including the launch of their new album In the Wimmera at 5:15
- Live music from Gypsy-Love-Muscle.
- Food trucks (and firetrucks) on standby, the bar will be open with mulled wine aplenty, and the good vibes will be flowing. Join the Art is... festival as it draws close to the end of another year of festivities, for a full day of music, dance, and ceremony.
- Pay-as-you-feel donation for entry, pre-registered tickets get priority at the gate.
- ------ 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗦𝗖𝗛𝗘𝗗𝗨𝗟𝗘 (TO BE CONFIRMED since postponement) ---------
- - 𝟭𝟬𝗔𝗠 - 𝟯𝗣𝗠: 𝗖𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗖𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗻𝘆 Want to be involved in the lighting of the fire? Come along and learn how the folk at Art is... do it. -
- 𝟯𝗣𝗠: 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗺𝘂𝗻𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗦𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗝𝗔𝗠𝗘𝗦 𝗥𝗜𝗚𝗕𝗬 James, a highly experienced community singing leader, returns to the Wimmera to prepare us to sing our hearts out around a big campfire!
- - 𝟰𝗣𝗠: 𝗪𝗶𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗮 𝗗𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗻𝗴𝗲! 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸𝘀𝗵𝗼𝗽 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗚𝗜𝗟𝗕𝗘𝗥𝗧 𝗗𝗢𝗨𝗚𝗟𝗔𝗦 Come along to find out more!
- - 𝟱:𝟭𝟱𝗣𝗠: 𝗗𝗔𝗡𝗡𝗬 𝗪𝗔𝗟𝗦𝗛 𝗕𝗔𝗡𝗡𝗘𝗗 - 𝗜𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗪𝗶𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗮 𝗔𝗹𝗯𝘂𝗺 𝗟𝗮𝘂𝗻𝗰𝗵 The Banned's third albumn, "In the Wimmera" is centred around stories from Danny's rural upbringing and features standout guest performances from Kat Mear (Cash Savage & the Last Drinks) and Luis Poblete (Quarter Street).
- - 𝟲:𝟭𝟱𝗣𝗠: 𝗟𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗼𝗻𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲 - 𝗖𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗻𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗪𝗲𝗹𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗿𝘆.
- - 𝟳𝗣𝗠: 𝗦𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗔𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗙𝗶𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗝𝗔𝗠𝗘𝗦 𝗥𝗜𝗚𝗕𝗬 Bring your guitar and gusto and come along to jam with us!
- - 𝟴:𝗣𝗠: 𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗣𝗘𝗭𝗢𝗜𝗗 Live music. Four dudes rocking out from four different angles, all with a parallel perspective... that's Trapezoid. These guys have been around (a few times) on the Horsham circuit in various arrangements but they are now Trapezoid, formed as all the best bands do - while having a drink at our sister festival, the Nati Frinj. facebook.com/trapezoidband
- - 𝟵𝗣𝗠: 𝗗𝗔𝗡𝗡𝗬 𝗪𝗔𝗟𝗦𝗛 𝗕𝗔𝗡𝗡𝗘𝗗 Live Music For nearly a decade now, Melbourne based outfit Danny Walsh Banned have been tearing apart the Victorian live music scene with their blistering, vintage rock n’ roll sounds. With two full-length LPs under their collective belt, the band are no strangers to the scene – and now, it appears they’re ready to kick things up a notch. facebook.com/dannywalshbanned
- - 𝟭𝟬𝗣𝗠: 𝗚𝗬𝗣𝗦𝗬-𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘-𝗠𝗨𝗦𝗖𝗟𝗘 Live Music Introducing Warracknabeal-based band, Gypsy-Love-Muscle. Described as bluegrass psychedelic rock, they're keen to help end our night on a groovy high. https://www.facebook.com/Gypsy-Love-Muscle-110692237772699
- $20 Pay as you feel$20$200$0
- $10 Pay as you feel$10$100$0
- $5 Pay as you feel and can$5$50$0
- $2 Pay as you feel and can$2$20$0
- $1 Pay as you feel and can$1$10$0